Winter has finally passed and we are now entering spring, hooray! For many of you, this means undertaking some sort of spring cleaning in and around your home. Whether it’s vaccumming under the refrigerator or deep cleaning the range, it all needs to be addressed sooner or later (better sooner rather than later though, right?).
At Reliable, we want to help you along so you can avoid any unnecessary appliance cleaning projects, and we’re starting with your dishwasher. To ensure you use your dishwasher to its full potential, make sure you follow the tips below (they really will help to alleviate long hours of cleaning in the long run). Just remember, the better you take care of your appliance now, the better it will take care of you later!
Loading of your dishwasher:
- Pre-rinse dishes every time. Your dishwasher is for cleaning and sanitizing, and you can avoid unnecessary service calls to clean out your pump of food debris by pre-rinsing.
- Plastic Tupperware should be secure. If it is not secure, it can fall on your heating element and melt causing a huge mess and possible other issues.
- Don’t stack items in your dishwasher. Water will not reach all the items to clean them. Make sure each item is free and clear of others for maximum cleaning.
- For better cleaning, all dishwashers need JetDry. Your dishes will come out dry and look the way you expect them to look when pulled out of the dishwasher.
- Do not over load as this will not allow the soap dispenser to open and will not wash your dishes well.
- Forks and spoons should not be all up or all down. Half and half will allow for better cleaning.
- Separate stainless steel pots and silver plates, as mixing steel and silver can create a chemical reaction and cause the silver to split.
- Utensils with long, thin handles may slip through the rack and prevent the spray arm from spinning. These should lie flat on the top rack.
- Glasses and mugs need to be face down. Otherwise, they will fill up with water and not get as clean.
- Dirtier cups or larger cups should go on bottom rack, as the water pressure is higher there and will get more dirt off.
- Delicate dishes should not touch each other to avoid breakage.
And remember, should your dishwasher still fail to meet your expectations after following the above tips, you can always rely on Reliable for your appliance repair needs!